Thursday, July 9, 2015

Winging It



I've been on the hunt for a vintage or vintage-inspired gold evening bag for some time, but none I found were quite right. A friend gave me an awesome grab bag of yarn a while back and this gold S. Charles Collezione was perfect. I couldn't find the perfect pattern so decided to improvise my own.

I swatched several lace patterns, and decided on the second #6 pattern charted here. It was easy to adjust to working in the round.

I knew I wanted to do something like an antique reticule, but needed it to be very practical. I thought of a drawstring closure, but was afraid the delicate yarn would fray too quickly. I stumbled on the Leafy Knot Clutch's innovative slip over handles and adapted the idea for my project.

I crocheted a dense lining from a wool-acrylic blend, then sewed it to the purse at all edges.

I didn't write a pattern for this project since it was so easy. You can see more pictures at my Ravelry project page at http://www.ravelry.com/projects/SusieQute/evening-bag. If you're interested in a detailed pattern, let me know in the comments here or on Ravelry--if there's interest I'll be happy to write it out as I make a second one.

Thanks for stopping by and keep living the qute life!

~Susie Qute

No comments:

Post a Comment