Thursday, June 4, 2015

Tee to Pillow Slipcover Tutorial

I've been helping my girlfriend learn to sew. We started with some simple hand stitches and she recently progressed to using the machine, much to her delight! An old T-shirt was renewed as a throw pillow slipcover.

This project is very suitable for beginners. See my previous post on upcycling tees into a tote bag for tips on sewing with knits.

Nitty Gritty
Materials
  • T-shirt
  • Thread, scissors, pins, sewing machine, bobbin
Directions

Sewing tip:  when you turn corners of sewing projects inside out, use something narrow and pointed, like a knitting needle, to push the fabric into the corner and make nice, sharp corners.

Thanks for stopping by and keep living the qute life!
~Susie Qute

p.s. I'm not taking a side in favor of the White Sox. I'm not much of a sports fan, but if I had to pick, I suppose I'd say GO REDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment