Thursday, June 25, 2015

Berry Brim Hat Crochet Pattern

My friend Shannon made me a jar of her special Korean dipping sauce, and as a thank you I gave her a certificate for a small knitted item. She chose a hat, and asked for a replica of her favorite.
 
I made a very similar style with a bit of extra slouch. I love the Candy Cover stitch but it was a lot trickier than it appeared at first glance. I normally throw caution to the wind, but I highly recommend viewing the video tutorial before starting and then making a swatch or two.
 
I loved Shannon's hat so much I immediately made another for myself. It kept my ears toasty while exploring along Detroit's River walk. She is pictured below wearing the first version, with only a single thickness brim. We both agreed it needed more oomph so I added a second layer--see photos in the pattern pdf.
 
Use a worsted weight yarn for an adult sized hat. These are shown in wool and a wool blend but would look cute in cotton, too, for warmer weather.

For now this pattern is available free to you! I need test hookers to report any errata. Later on it will be available through my Ravelry store.

Download the pattern by clicking here

See the project page on Ravelry:  http://www.ravelry.com/projects/SusieQute/candy-cover-hat.
 
Thanks for stopping by and keep living the qute life!
~Susie Qute
 
This hat's texture reminds me of wild strawberries.
 
 








1 comment:

  1. This is super cute! It's exactly what a friend of mine is looking for. I can't wait to make it for her!

    ReplyDelete