Sunday, May 24, 2015

Summer Hats

I have a new everyday summer hat that's just perfect! I tried to thrift a straw hat for a couple of months, but they were always rather mangled and misshapen or somehow not quite right for me. Then Target had some for just $3 in the bargain bins by the entrance. The grosgrain ribbon trim was already falling off, but no matter. I had a couple of scarves I wanted to try, and this blue and white Ann Taylor neck scarf from my favorite consignment store, One More Time, fit the bill perfectly.


This jaunty fedora isn't completely impervious to UV, but it's saved me from some serious sun already. It's cool enough to wear on hot days and a bit loose so I can tuck my hair up for extra ventilation. In this picture Kay and I are about to head out to Detroit's Eastern Market.

How do you keep the sun at bay?

Thanks for stopping by and keep living the qute life!
~Susie Qute

No comments:

Post a Comment