Thursday, March 26, 2015

Medicine Cabinet Makeover

My bathroom cabinet was rusty and in dire need of some sprucing up. After some sanding and a few coats of enamel paint, it was looking much better.
 
I added a piece of clear Contact paper to the bottom shelf to protect it. I also used chalkboard style Contact paper on the inside of the door so we can write notes.

Can you tell I love Contact paper? If you live in an apartment and don't want to make a permanent change to your cabinet, try patterned Contact paper for the back and bottom of the cabinet. If you have solid shelves instead of glass, cover those in Contact paper, too!

To corral my necessaries, I used a variety of items I thrifted or had on hand. Shot glasses are perfect for mouth wash, and a family heirloom monogrammed silver cup holds cotton swabs. Other cups and holders are from discount stores. Don't forget a piece of chalk.
 
Things I'd do differently next time:
Sand the existing paint more thoroughly to remove rust or use a primer coat of Killz. A few rust spots bled through three coats of paint.
 
Thanks for stopping by and keep living the qute life!
~Susie Qute
The very ugly before...
...to the adorable after!




No comments:

Post a Comment