Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Simple Pleasures: Movie Night Popcorn Basket

I love the ease of microwave popcorn, but don't like reaching into a greasy bag. We usually use big plastic bowls but they hog up all the room in the dishwasher. Lately I've been using baskets from Dollar Tree (just $1 each) lined with a cloth napkin instead of a huge bowl. The napkin gets tossed in the wash and the basket goes right back in the cabinet after a quick wipe.

Thrifted baskets spray painted bright colors would work well if you don't have a Dollar Tree near you. When I was a kid mom always used wicker baskets lined with paper napkins. Of course she made popcorn in an air popper. I was thinking about trying an air popper, but the butter never used to get evenly distributed. Does anyone have a neat solution for nonhomogenous butter distribution issues? I'd love to hear about it.

In the meantime, I'm stocking up to get ready to rewatch The Lego Movie. Everything is awesome!

Thanks for stopping by and keep living the qute life!
~Susie Qute

No comments:

Post a Comment