Monday, May 19, 2014

Gift for Thrift! 70s 3 Piece Mix and Match

I had a wild, colorful fling with polyester prints in high school. I usually pass them over at the thrift store, but for some reason this 70s three piece set demanded a second look. I love the prairie inspired prints and peasant top. It still had the self-fabric belt which is so rare in something around 40 years old. I could instantly see it mixing into my current wardrobe, so for $5.99 it had to come home with me.

I can imagine a professional wearing this to the office, excited by the new opportunities women were carving out in the workforce.


         
As separates, the top easily transitions for evening with a cute pair of jeans and heels. The flowy skirt reminded me of chic mid-century outfits reminiscent of Sophia Loren's casual wear in Houseboat. All around, perfect inspiration for an independent, free-spirited woman.

Thanks for stopping by and keep living the Qute life!
~Susie Qute

Style File
3 piece vintage outfit - thrifted
Leather purse - Fossil Brand, thrifted
Espadrilles (heels and flats) - thrifted
White plastic wicker purse - thrifted
Jeans - Cato's
Leather belt - Talbots
Strappy heeled sandals - Cato's
Sunglasses - Kohl's
White blouse - thrifted
Bicycle - Electra Townie

No comments:

Post a Comment